Most mornings I have a smoothie for breakfast. I love the simplicity of tossing a bunch of ingredients into a blender and letting them whirl into a delicious and refreshing breakfast. I typically try to cram as much fruit into the blender as possible in an attempt to get all my required servings of fruit for the day in one sitting. As silly as that sounds, I love starting my day with a healthy smoothie jammed with vitamins and nutrients. I usually stick to a triple-berry smoothie (I’ll post that later) or this Butterfinger Banana Smoothie, but this past weekend I was craving something new, so I developed this super simple orange cream smoothie recipe. It’s refreshing, light and totally reminds me of a Dreamsicle. And with only 5 ingredients needed, it’s a breeze to whip up!
Fresh Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Zest of one medium size navel orange
- 1 medium size navel orange, peeled
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 container (5.3 ounce) orange creme Greek yogurt (I recommend Oikos)
- Add all ingredients to a blender, along with two handfuls of ice.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
Tagged: almond milk, breakfast, greek yogurt, orange, protein, smoothie, whey protein, zest
Leave a Reply