One of my family’s favorite soups for our tradition of Soup Sundays in the fall and winter. You’ll want to give this one a try!
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 pound, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley
- 8 ounces of heavy cream
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups dry egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts on a sheet pan lined with foil; spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drizzle olive oil evenly over chicken breasts, then season evenly with lemon pepper.
- Bake for 22 – 25 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- While the chicken cooks, place the soup pot over medium-high heat and add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add carrots, celery, and onion, and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 5 – 7 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add broth and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Remove chicken from oven and shred. Add chicken and parsley to the pot.
- Add heavy cream and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While simmering, bring a pot of water to boil and cook egg noodles according to package instructions.
- When noodles are cooked, add to the soup: stir and taste. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
Leave a Reply