Try this delicious stir-fry the next time you’re staring at some chicken thighs and just can’t figure out what to do with them. It’s a quick meal that boasts some nice heat from crushed red pepper and slightly sweet glazed chicken. The fresh vegetables and soba noodles round out the dish and give it great balance.
Broccoli and Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 package (8 ounce) soba noodles
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 can baby corn
- Cook soba noodles according to package instructions and set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add sugar and 1 tbsp. of water. Stir until sugar has dissolved, approximately 3 minutes.
- Carefully add vegetable oil and chicken.
- Cook for 3 – 5 minutes until chicken has browned slightly, but isn’t completely cooked.
- Add fish sauce, garlic, broccoli and mushrooms. Cover and cook until broccoli has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and add ginger, crushed red pepper and baby corn.
- Cook until hot throughout.
- Add noodles, toss well to combine and serve immediately.