These fun little bite-size baked potatoes deliver all the flavor of regular baked potato in just one bite. I made them for a Labor Day party and they were a huge hit. Kids and adults loved the idea of picking up a fully-loaded baked potato and eating it in one bite. The short ingredient list and prep-time make these a simple, fun and new appetizer idea for your next get-together. Feel free to adjust the toppings to your liking just as you would with a regular size baked potato!
Bite-Size Baked Potatoes
- 12 baby new white or Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup diced pancetta or bacon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a shallow dish, drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and toss again.
- Roast for 30 – 35 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- While potatoes are roasting, heat a small pan over medium heat and add the pancetta. Saute until browned and crisp, about 5 – 7 minutes. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
- Whisk together sour cream, milk and black pepper until combined.
- Remove potatoes are oven and cut in half. Top with a dollop of the sour cream mixture, pancetta and green onions. Season all potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.