I absolutely love this chicken recipe. I created it because I was craving, as the name implies, something sweet, spicy and sticky. I also wanted to add a little Asian flair to my everyday, weeknight chicken thighs. I have tested this recipe twice since creating it and I am always disappointed when I look down and realize that my plate is empty and there isn’t seconds. In the winter, this chicken will go great over some brown rice or noodles. But for now, on a hot summer days, it tastes just excellent on its own, next to some grilled corn on the cob.
Sweet, Spicy, Sticky Grilled Chicken
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/3 cup hot chili paste (I recommend sambal oelek)
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Juice of three limes
- 1 tbsp finely grated, peeled ginger
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Whisk all ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined and sugar has dissolved.
- Place chicken thighs in a resealable plastic bag.
- Pour marinade over thighs and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, up to 6 hours.
- Remove thighs from marinade and wipe off any excess with paper towels. Set aside.
- Transfer marinade to a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced by about half. Remove from heat.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill thighs 4 – 6 minutes per side, basting every minute with reduced marinade.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately as in, over brown rice or soba noodles.
Tagged: asian, chicken, chicken thighs, grilled, Spicy, Sticky Grilled Chicken, summer, Sweet
Leave a Reply