I love this twist on classic guacamole! The chipotle in adobo adds a layer of smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the rich and creamy avocado. I will be demoing this recipe at the Downers Grove Park District Chilympics this Saturday at 12:30! After the demo, I will be part of the chili judging panel. Come out for some chili, beer and of course my Smoky Chipotle Guacamole!
Smoky Chipotle Guacamole
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. adobo sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of one lime
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pits. Remove the flesh and place into a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well to combine, mashing the avocado as you go.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
Tagged: appetizers, avocados, chipotle in adobo, cilantro, dips, lime, red onion, tomatoes
Leave a Reply