My favorite part of Halloween is carving pumpkins and then roasting pumpkin seeds. Besides making a healthy and quick snack, pumpkin seeds are just downright delicious. They can be seasoned any way you like; salty or sweet. Nothing says the start of fall and fall comfort foods like homemade pumpkin seeds.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Seeds from two medium pumpkins, cleaned of pulp and rinsed
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place seeds in a re-sealable plastic bag and add vegetable oil.
- Add remaining ingredients, seal bag and shake until all the seeds are evenly coated.
- Spread the seeds in a single layer on an oiled sheet pan.
- Roast for 60 – 75 minutes until seeds are crisp and golden.
- Remove from oven, taste and add additional seasoning as necessary.