I love when I get the opportunity to share photos and recipes from events I’ve catered. Recently, I was asked to provide pasta dishes for an event. I love making pasta dishes because there are so many different ways to prepare noodles. One of my favorite is this recipe, Rigatoni Rosa. The Rosa sauce is a pink sauce with marinara, cream and heat from crushed red pepper. It is a bold sauce that needs a hearty noodle to stand up to it which is why I use my favorite, rigatoni. Some recipes out there call for penne pasta, but I just find that noodle too dainty. I love the texture and size of a rigatoni noodle – it is just perfect for a heartier sauce. The best part about this recipe is it is great as a fast weeknight meal or could be served with company on the weekend. It is really versatile and of course, delicious!
- 4 – 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 – 1 1/2 # total)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly Ground black pepper
- 1# box of rigatoni noodles
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp. crush red pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp. white wine
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub chicken thighs with olive oil, salt and pepper. Baked in foil lined dish for 20 – 22 minutes, until cooked throughout.
- Remove from oven, let rest 5 minutes and then slice into thin strips. Set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside. Do not rinse.
- Add vegetable oil to a large pot over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and crushed red pepper. Sauté for 3 – 5 minutes until mushrooms are slightly softened. Add tomatoes and white wine. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add marinara sauce, cream and spinach. Mix well to combine and cook for 4 – 6 minutes until spinach has cooked down.
- Add reserved chicken, pasta and parmesan cheese. Mix well to combine, until everything is hot throughout and sauce is sticking to the noodles.
- Garnish with additional parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Tagged: chicken, cream, event photos, event recipes, marinara, pasta, rosa
Leave a Reply