Weekdays are so busy that I always to try slow down on the weekends and spend time in the kitchen with my kids. And it’s pretty easy to hold their attention when you tell use the words, ‘pancakes’ and ‘M&M’s’ in the same sentence. I came up with this recipe as a play on chocolate chip pancakes because I know how much my son loves M&M’s. Yes, they’re indulgent, but that’s what weekends are for – taking a break from the hustle bustle and enjoying a taste of the sweet life.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Makes 12 pancakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter and egg.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk until just moistened. Do not over-mix; small lumps are good.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Add a pat of butter and swirl around to evenly coat skillet.
- Spoon just under 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet, for each pancake.
- Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and then evenly add 7 – 9 M&M’s to each pancake.
- Carefully flip with a spatula and cook until brown on the underside 1 -2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with desired toppings.
- Repeat until batter is gone, adding a pat of butter to the skillet each time you add more batter.