I’m always looking for way to get more fish into our weekly family meals. In this recipe, I embrace spring’s bounty and combine salmon with fresh green beans and fettuccine noodles. It’s simple, fast and fresh!
Fresh Green Bean and Salmon Fettuccine
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 2 cups fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1, 12 ounce salmon filet, skin removed, diced into 1-inch pieces and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. capers, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Season a large pot of water with a healthy pinch of kosher salt.
- Bring water to a boil. When water reaches a boil, add pasta and green beans.
- Cook for 10 – 12 minutes until both are al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp. of the butter to a large skillet over medium heat. When butter is melted, add onion and saute for 2 minutes, until softened.
- Add salmon and cook for 2 – 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the remaining two tbsp. of butter to the same skillet. When butter is melted, add capers, lemon juice, reserved pasta, green beans and salmon.
- Toss well to coat. If dry, add a splash of milk.
- Taste, adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve immediately.
Tagged: butter, fettuccine, fresh green beans, parsley, pasta, salmon, seafood
Leave a Reply