With a house full of constantly hungry kids, I’m always looking for ways to fill their bellies with wholesome and nutritious food. Admittedly, it’s not an easy task every morning and sometimes a Pop Tart and GoGo Squeeze is all my tired and hurried body can get on the table without being late to work. For mornings with a little more time, I recommend these pizzas. They’re really quite simple and not all that ingenious, but I swear, you tell kids that they’re having pizza breakfast and they’re all in. To make baking these even easier the morning of, cook the bacon and assemble the pizzas the night before, putting everything on except the egg. Morning of, crack the egg, throw them into the oven and watch your kids swoon.
Cheddar, Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 4 pocket- less pitas (store bought or HOMEMADE following this crazy awesome recipe: https://fitchefchicago.com//homemade-pita-bread/
- 8 ounce block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place bacon in a single layer onto a sheet pan and put into a cold oven. Turn oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Let bacon cook for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool and chop into bite size pieces.
- Reduce (or pre-heat if making pre-assembled pizzas) oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread some butter onto each pita.
- Evenly top with bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Crack eggs individually into a small bowl. Gently pour one egg on top of each pita.
- Season each pita pizza with pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place pitas on a sheet pan and cook for 15 – 18 minutes until egg white is cook and yolk is somewhat set.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Tagged: bacon, butter, cheddar, egg, eggs, fun breakfast, kids breakfast, pita, pita pizza, pizza
Leave a Reply