My posts have been pretty inconsistent lately with the arrival of our third son, Emmett David on May 23. However, I promised myself this would be the week that I would get back into my routine. Fortunately, even though I haven’t been posting, I still have been cooking. I have a handful of recipes that I need to write and blog about, so let’s get started!
To ease back into my routine, I thought I would post a fun and whimsical recipe. We love baked potatoes in our house, but the other night I really wanted to switch things up a bit, so I came up with this baked potato, buffalo style. With things being a little hectic at home right now, I used a lot of shortcuts to create this recipe, such a pre-baked frozen chicken. It still came out deliciously different, but I am going to make it again in the future and tweak it a bit, by making my own chicken tenders from scratch. Either way, this recipe is a great way to change-up your weeknight meal planning. There’s very little prep work; pretty much everything goes into the oven and about an hour later, all you have to worry about is assembly!
Buffalo Bacon Bleu Baked Potato
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 frozen, pre-cooked chicken tenders
- 1 pound bacon
- Buffalo-style wing sauce
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- Hidden Valley ranch dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash potatoes under cold water, scrubbing with a stiff brush, if necessary. Dry and poke each potato with a fork 8 – 10 times.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and add canola oil. Mix and toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Add 1 tsp. kosher salt and 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper and toss well.
- Place potatoes on a small sheet pan and into the oven. Bake for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, place chicken tenders on another sheet pan and cook for 10 – 12 minutes each side.
- Also, add bacon to a parchment paper lined sheet pan and cook for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown.
- At this point, the potatoes should have been cooking for 60 minutes. Check that they are tender all the way through with a fork. If it goes in easily, they’re done.
- Remove everything from the oven.
- Cut chicken into bite-size chunks. Place about 2 tbsp. of buffalo sauce into a bowl, add chicken and toss to coat.
- Chop bacon into bite-size pieces.
- Cut potatoes down the center and place each into a bowl.
- Place a 1/2 tbsp. of butter into each potato, along with half of the cheeses.
- Top with chicken, carrots, green onions and celery.
- Garnish with remaining cheeses and a drizzle of the Ranch dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Tagged: baked potatoes, bleu cheese, buffalo sauce, butter, carrots, celery, cheddar cheese, green onions, mozzarella cheese, Potatoes, ranch
Leave a Reply