Sometimes you have to let a recipe speak for itself and not bog it down with blog speak. That’s how I feel about these molten lava cakes. I rarely post sweet recipes, in fact, this is my first, so you know it must be good. It is also really easy and nothing to be feared. 99% of the time I have the few ingredients on hand that this recipe calls for and 100% of the time it impresses. Whether for guests or when your wife has a random chocolate craving, these have yet to miss the spot.
Amazing Molten Lava Cakes
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray four spots in a cupcake tin with cooking spray. Fill the remaining spots halfway with water.
- Place butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on medium for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Repeat at 15 second intervals until chocolate is fully melted.
- Add flour and sugar; whisk to combine.
- Add eggs and vanilla; whisk to combine.
- Divide batter evenly amongst 4 greased cupcake tin spots.
- Bake for 10 – 12 on top rack until edges are crispy but the very center is not quite set.
- Remove from tin and serve immediately topped with whipped cream.