This roasted cauliflower recipe is so simple, even a caveman can do it. Wait. I think that’s trademarked. Strike that from the record. Anyways, we all know vegetables are super healthy and a necessity to everyday life, but the challenge of making them delicious while retaining their natural goodness can be quite daunting. Sure, you could slather them with butter, Velveeta and Ritz crackers and I’d gobble the whole pan right up but that’s a different post. This post is about taking a nutritious vegetable, preparing it in a simple but different way. Roasting cauliflower gives it a delicious caramelized and nutty flavor that you cannot get from steaming or boiling. It’s healthy, it’s rich and it’s delicious. Not adjectives you often hear when talking about boring old cauliflower. But with this recipe, it’s possible.
Simple Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium head cauliflower, leaves and core removed, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened at room temperature and cut into small pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower with with vegetable oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay cauliflower pieces in a single layer on a large sheet pan.
- Roast for 20 – 25 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Turn cauliflower once halfway through the cooking process.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with butter. Toss well until butter is melted. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve immediately.