I love a good classic meatloaf but what I love even more is these individual muffin tin meatloaves. They’re not only a hit with kids but they also cook up faster than a traditional loaf. Most often, I use ground turkey when I make meatloaf, but you can substitute ground beef if you’d like. They’ll taste delicious either way!
Muffin Tin Turkey Meatloaves
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks of celery, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Ancho (or regular) chile powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup ketchup, separated into 3, 1/4 cups
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Add oil to a medium-size pan over medium heat.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, garlic, chile powder, cumin, half of the salt and pepper and saute for 5 – 7 minutes until everything has softened.
- Add 3 tbsp. of the Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup of the ketchup.
- Continue cooking for 3 – 4 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, place turkey in a large bowl. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Add remaining Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup of ketchup, egg, breadcrumbs and reserved sauteed vegetable mixture. Mix gently with your hands until everything is evenly combined.
- Evenly divide turkey mixture amongst a 12 muffin tin.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush the tops of the meatloaves with remaining 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Return to oven and cook for another 5 – 7 minutes until ketchup has thickened.
- Let rest 3 minutes before serving.