Here is the other pasta recipe from the catering event I mentioned in my Rigatoni Rosa post. The rich creamy sauce, studded with sweet green peas and a hint of nutmeg is a delicious and easy way to end your day. Best of all, this one pot dish takes no time at all to make. Give this recipe a try the next time you are craving pasta!
Bow Tie Alfredo and Peas
- 1 box bowtie pasta (farfalle)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Make sure to salt your water before cooking. Set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When butter is melted, add garlic and sauté, stirring often for 2 – 3 minutes, being careful not to brown the garlic.
- Add wine and let reduce for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the half & half, nutmeg, peas and 1/2 tsp. each of salt and black pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until slightly reduced and thickened.
- Add Parmesan and pasta to the pan. Toss well to coat the pasta and melt the cheese. If the sauce is too thick, thin it out with the reserved pasta water, a couple tablespoons at a time.
- Taste, adjust seasonings and serve immediately.